Sunday, October 27, 2013

Dayne Hudson Interview


I'm very excited to publish this weeks interview with the handsome Dayne Hudson! Mr. Hudson is the host and creator of FitNFlexed (A Fitness, Health, Strength and Lifestyle TV Show), and a Health/fitness expert for Ben Fordham on Sydney Live. He kindly provided some more photos of him which can be found at the end of the interview. You can keep up with him and all his adventures on his Twitter ! I also highly encourage you check out more about FitNFlexed! Go check 'em out folks, there are even more great pictures of him!

1. Age: 26

2. Where are you from? The best city in the world! Sydney, Australia.

3. Favorite workout song? Clubbed to death - Rob Dugan.

4. Favorite superhero? He-man! 

5. Who or what inspired your fitness interest? Have you always been fit? 

Action heroes like Arnold, Sylvester Stallone, and He-man got into my subconscious I think! I've always been an active guy, I played a lot of football (soccer) and cricket as a kid.

But the idea of looking as good as you can, pushing yourself and learning more about myself is what fuels my fitness interest. 

6. Can you tell me about Fit’N’Flexed? How did you come up with the idea of it?

I've worked in the media for years, a bit in TV but mainly radio. I love being in front of the camera, and I love fitness, so I took a gamble this year, left my job at Sydney's number one radio station to start FIT'N'FLEXED the TV show!

I started it whilst working in my last year in radio, just hunting down bodybuilders for interviews and doing workout videos. But then I thought it was time to take a risk!

The TV show comes out JANUARY 15, 2014 you can stay updated via the Facebook page via facebook.com/fitnflexed

7. What’s been the most rewarding experience helping others become more fit?

Seeing the look on their face when they realise they can do it! People think optimal fitness, appearance and health, is unattainable, but it's garbage! Anyone can do it - it's all about believing in yourself in order to become your BEST self.

8. What has been the biggest struggle you have encountered while working with Fit’N’Flexed?

Getting high profile athletes. The show will feature one of the greatest athletes Australia has ever seen, Former Rugby League star and 3 x Boxing world champion Anthony Mundine, along with some other sporting stars.

It's hard work to find a break in their schedule, to get them to believe in an UNPROVEN show, UNPROVED host and UNPROVEN product.

It's tough - but if you believe in yourself - so will others.

9. What have you learned about yourself from hosting Fit’N’Flexed?

To not take everything too seriously. This was some advice given to me by my father - a very successful radiologist. If you try and tear apart your presenting, over think things, you just end up stressing yourself out.

I recently watched the making of the legendary Stanley Kubrick film "The Shining." That film starred Jack Nicholson, who is one of the greatest actors to ever grace the silver screen. You ought to see how that guy works. He's just relaxed, cracking jokes, and not taking himself too seriously. You then watch his performance, and it's mesmerising.

Nothing really is that important. I mean - it is, but not to the point that you need to stress yourself out and prevent your best work from shining through! 

10. How do you stay in shape? That is, what does your typical weekly gym schedule look like? How do you keep yourself motivated to stick to your schedule?

Motivation for me is just not a problem.

This is a lifestyle....it's just what you do. A muslim prays, a farmer milks cows, and a fitness fanatic trains.

It's just simple really - The gym will ALWAYS be part of my life!

I lift weights 5 times a week - resting TWO days a week. The rest is just as important as the training - even more in some cases.

Currently, I'm doing limited cardio due to the hectic schedule with Fit'n'Flexed. But -  the weight training always continues. 

MONDAY - QUADS, HAMSTRINGS
TUESDAY - CHEST, CALVES
WEDNESDAY - BACK (Thickness) Biceps.
THURSDAY - REST
FRIDAY - SHOULDERS, HAMSTRINGS
SATURDAY - BACK (width aka lats) TRICEPS

11. Can you tell me about what your regular diet looks like? Do you have a guilty pleasure when it comes to sweets or junk food? 

Love hamburgers! Peanut butter and honey sandwiches are great too!

Essentially it's:

Breakfast: 6 eggs (3 whites, 3 yolks) oats, one scoop of WHEY protein, Black Coffee. 

Around 4-5 hours later: Tuna, Olive oil, Brocolli.

Pre workout: Beta-alanine, Whey protein, Black coffee.

DURING TRAINING: BCAA'S.

POST WORKOUT: Whey protein, Creatine.

DINNER: 2 Kangaroo wraps.

BEFORE BED SNACK: WHEY protein with skim milk (for some casein protein too) with a tablespoon of peanut butter.

12. What is your biggest pet peeve at the gym?

People who are "using" benches, or machines, but talking too much! They leave with chiseled jaws like Ron Moss - but no chiseled muscles or abs!
13. Which do you prefer: boxers, briefs, or boxer briefs? Why?

Briefs certainly! They look better, are more comfortable, and I think the girls like them better too!

14. Do you favor any underwear brands? If so, which and why?

Yes, Calvin does a great job! Andrew Christian makes some great briefs too.

15. You’re in a public place and you get a natural wedgie -- how do you handle it?

Just pull it out mate! I have no issues with public re-adjustments. I just don't care! I mean.....it has to be done!

16. What would someone find if they went through your underwear drawer?

Just a load of Calvin Klein underwear, little sockets for the boat shoes, hankies that mum put in my drawer when I was 4 and have never seen the light of day, and ankle socks, together with black socks them it's time to through a suit on.

17. Do you have a lucky or favorite pair of underwear? If so, what style/color?

Yeah, my American Calvin Klein underwear! They have an American flag on them.....I love them!

18. GQ wrote an article a few months ago stating that “tighty-whities” are stylish now. How do you feel about tighty-whities, & do you agree with GQ?

Providing it's the right time of the year and I'm tanned - sure! But white on a white dude like me can not be ideal. However, I'd like there to be a bit more room, so I'd tend to disagree!

19. Do you have any funny or memorable underwear stories?

Yeah! I once took the trash out in my underwear - and got locked out! I had to go down to my concierge (a Chinese male) to fetch the spare key to open the door!

We both laughed - I told my boss the next day, and he let me come on air to tell the story! It was fun. 

20. What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?

That the biggest sin in life is to have a talent and not to use it. I'd also refer to the "Don't take yourself too seriously" words from my father, It's really helped me out a lot!







No comments:

Post a Comment