Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Dave H. Interview



1. Age: 35

2. Where are you from? Melbourne, Australia

3. Current occupation? Film director / Dad

4. Favorite current pop song?

Hmm, its sad to say but I think I’m a bit old for pop these days!  I just went through the top 20 songs trying to find one I liked but most of them I didn’t even know.  I remember my dad used to say that to me and now it seems I’ve turned into him.  Favourite song for the moment, or at least the last 6 months, is“All signs point to Lauderdale” by A Day to Remember.

5. Which do you prefer: boxers, briefs, or boxer briefs? Why? 

Boxer briefs.  Briefs keep things a bit too tight and restricted, boxers - things can be just a bit too free – but boxer briefs contain the best of both worlds and get rid of all the negative features.  It’s a great place for your boys to live, comfortable and room to move without letting things be a bit too free.

6. Has your current preference always been your underwear preference? If not, what’d you switch from, and what made you change?

It was my choice the second my parents stopped buying my underwear. I was in the US and needed to get some new underwear. I found these things called ‘boxer briefs’ that I hadn't seen at home. I was currently wearing briefs and never loved them and boxers had always been the satin type of which I was never a fan. The boxer brief seems to be a country between boxers and briefs that I was happy to live in.  The best of both worlds.  Like Switzerland for underwear. I've been happy ever since. I bought a pack of 3 of these boxer briefs and have never looked back – its now been 18 years and going strong.

7. Do you favor any underwear brands? If so, which and why?

I wear Jockeys 99.9% of the time.  They just seem to offer so many different materials, shapes and fits that I can choose different types for different pastimes.
I must admit, I have all the fancy showoff brands as well, but I only wear them if I know they will need to be seen!

8. What would someone find if they went through your underwear drawer?

Way too many for any single person to own!  When you asked for a photo I decided to clean up the drawer a bit as it was too crazy.  We are moving house at the moment so I decided to pack all the excess in a box ready for moving day.  More than 100+ pairs were packed in the box and most I have yet to wear.  This interview has let me realize exactly how bad my boxer fetish is!

9. You get a natural wedgie in public – how do you handle it?

Aahh, the beauty of the boxer briefs.  A sneaky hand in the pocket and a pull from inside and the job is done.  Must say though, it only happens once a year!

10. You can judge a man by his underwear – agree or disagree?

 Agree.  I’ve seen some dirty underwear in change rooms that give you a completely different view of a person.  And someone gets dacked [pantsed] and they are wearing a g-string you can’t help but have some pre-conceived ideas!

11. Do you have a lucky or favorite pair of underwear? If so, what 
color/style? 

Favourite for sure.  For the moment it’s black Jockey® Classic Stretch Midway® Briefs.  I have 40 pairs or so and they are all my favourite.

12. Do you have any funny or memorable underwear stories?

I had my bags gone through with a fine toothcomb coming back from the US one time.  I’d packed pretty light on the way as I was going to buy what I needed whilst there.  As it turns out, it boiled down to t’s and boxers.  A lot of t’s and boxers.  They thought I was very odd that had a suitcase full of all these items and I was only one person. It was a bit awkward and I got some odd looks!

13. GQ wrote an article a few months ago stating that “tighty-whities” are stylish now. How do you feel about tighty-whities, & do you agree with GQ?

GQ must have been struggling for content that day.  The next thing will be that mullets and 80’s film clips are coming back.  That we know it’s a slow news week!

     14. Words to live by? It is never too late to be what you might have been.


Dave's Underwear Drawer

Packing Box 1

Packing Box 2

No comments:

Post a Comment