Wednesday, May 20, 2015
1. Age: 26
2. Where are you from? Birmingham, AL
3. Current occupation? Human Resources
4. Which do you prefer: boxers, briefs, or boxer briefs? Why?
I love briefs during the day because they fit well under dress pants and hold everything in place and I love boxers at night before going to sleep because they are more comfortable and free.
5. Has your current preference always been your underwear preference? If not, what’d you switch from, and what made you change?
This has pretty much been my routine forever.
6. Do you favor any underwear brands? If so, which and why?
I love my Calvin Klein's because they are so comfortable and fit really well.
7. What would someone find if they went through your underwear drawer?
They would find a lot of Calvin Klein's and some Armani's. I have a lot of briefs in any color you can think of.
8. You get a natural wedgie in public – how do you handle it?
You know honestly I really never have one when I wear my Calvin Klein briefs! Perfect!!
9. Do you have a lucky or favorite pair of underwear? If so, what color/style?
I wouldn't say I have a "Lucky" pair, but I do have a favorite pair. My favorite pair would definitely have to be my Red Armani briefs - They are fun and sexy!
10. Do you have any funny or memorable underwear stories?
I one time had a friend "ankle me" in public haha, but thankfully I had on some nice looking briefs :)
11. GQ wrote an article stating that “tighty-whities” are stylish. How do you feel about tighty-whities, & do you agree with GQ?
I definitely think "tighty-whities" are stylish, but they MUST be well fitted and outlined with some type of accent color!
12. Words to live by?
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Sunday, May 17, 2015
1. Age: 30
2. Current occupation: Fashion model / Nutrition blogger
3. Where are you from? Melbourne, Australia.
4. Where do you live? Manhattan
5. What would you say is the toughest aspect of being a model?
Often it is not a merit-based industry so much of your success can be driven by luck or politics rather than a good work ethic.
6. What’s been the most rewarding experience as a model?
Getting flown from Australia to shoot a worldwide campaign for Armani in Milan. Well that was the most prestigious job. Most fun was definitely a 10 day job in Jamaica for a resort for which I got paid to get drunk, have fun with gorgeous women and do cool shit like rock-climbing and paddle boarding. That was amazing. Mind you in 10 years of modeling I must concede that most jobs are not glamorous at all and there is a lot of boring work that can be quite unpleasant at times. But it is good money when you're working.
7. What have you learned about yourself from being a model?
Solo travel, too much free time, constant rejection and meeting and working with people from a broad spectrum of backgrounds is an amazing way to get to know yourself, become more open-minded, resilient, tolerant and grateful. I am a much better person than if I had followed my alternative life path after graduating University and become and investment banker.
8. How do you stay in shape? That is, what does your typical weekly gym schedule look like? How do you keep yourself motivated to stick to your schedule?
I eat a very clean Paleo diet of real, whole foods that is high in good quality fats and low in crappy carbohydrates. I sleep well, get plenty of sunshine and incorporate movement into every single day. I believe this is 80% of the battle to keep lean and healthy. I also do intense weight training circuits and/or sprints once or twice a week and do one yoga class a week. I have never required any external motivation to keep fit. If you do, you're in for an uphill battle. Find something you like doing and just f**king do it. Diet is the key though.
9. Can you tell me about what your regular diet looks like? Do you have a guilty pleasure when it comes to sweets or junk food?
You'll have to check out my most popular blog post 'My Ideal Paleo Eating Day' for a full explanation. I eat a lot of calorie-dense, nutrient-dense food such as grass-fed butter, coconut cream, 85% dark chocolate, pastured eggs, wild-caught fish, greens (drenched in olive oil). My biggest vice is too much tequila and red wine. (Not mixed together!)
10. What is your biggest pet peeve at the gym?
Shitty personal trainers teaching poor form on technical skills such as kettlebell swings.
11. Which do you prefer: boxers, briefs, or boxer briefs? Why?
I have always preferred briefs. I cycle a lot (my fixed gear bike is my pride and joy) and so I don't like any extra material creating friction. I also like to show off my big cyclists legs. I wear boxer briefs towards laundry day because I've run out of clean briefs. I get a lot of free underwear being a model so I'm not usually too choosy.
12. Do you favor any underwear brands? If so, which and why?
I like Calvin Klein. They are the best looking briefs I have found.
13. What would someone find if they went through your underwear drawer?
A lot of old crappy underwear that should have been thrown out several years ago.
14. Do you have a lucky or favorite pair of underwear? If so, what style/color?
Black CK briefs... They look great on camera.
15. GQ wrote an article stating that “tighty-whities” are stylish. How do you feel about tighty-whities, & do you agree with GQ?
A lot of photographers, agents and gay friends of mine love tighty-whities... I guess they are the "sexiest" undies.
16. What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
"Eat Paleo. Train. Live life". Oh no wait, sorry, that's the best advice I've ever given. My bad.