Sunday, August 4, 2013

Nick Sabatalo Interview



I'm excited to publish this weeks interview with Nick Sabatalo. Mr. Sabatalo is an actor and model that has done some pretty awesome photo-shoots. He's a really kind man, and also provided some photos of him modeling underwear which can be found at the end of the interview. I highly recommend you guys check out his website to learn more about him. You can also keep up with him and all his adventures on his Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and even Tumblr! Go check 'em out!

1. Age? 21, May 15, 1992

2. Where are you from?

Born St. Simons Island, GA lived until age 6….Then moved to Cincinnati, OH until age 20…And finally moved to Los Angeles this past February.

3. Favorite movie?

Close tie between the Harry Potter series and Lord of the Rings Trilogy/Hobbit…I’m a big nerd when it comes to movies and TV shows, just say it’s SciFi or superhero related and I’m there.

4. If you weren't a model, what other career(s) would you pursue?

I want to own my own restaurant someday, I’m actually very determined to make this a reality as I am a huge foodie! But actually right now I am working on my clothing line and am hoping that will be my baby and can allow me to ease out of modeling to focus on building its success.

5. Who or what inspired you to become a model?

My good friend from high school Taylor Kraemer and my fraternity brother Alex Prange were and are both successful models at the time and it kind of made me envious to tell you the truth. Having people I knew personally who were already in the industry made it more visibly attainable and possible in my mind for myself to actually jump into modeling. And so I did, kind of on a whim, and with their support I dived in head first.

6. What would you say is the toughest aspect of being a model? 

Definitely the stress and pressure to stay in good shape. Constantly being judged and thus judging yourself every time you look into the mirror, that’s a tough thing on anyone’s mind.

7. What’s been the most rewarding experience as a model?

Traveling! It is what brought me to Los Angeles and then I’ve been spending the past two months (end of may, June & most of July) modeling in Korea. Korea was my not only my first international modeling experience but my first foreign trip outside the US and it has been a once in a life time experience. I have learned so much about myself and have grown as both a model but even more so an individual from their amazing culture.

8. Have you had any embarrassing or awkward experiences while modeling?

When I first started modeling I had to shave my legs for a shoot. Now this was the first time I’ve ever shaved my legs, ever! So here I am in the bathroom with nothing but a straight razor and shaving cream trying to shave my unbelievably hairy Italian legs! With my shaving leg up on the bathroom sink, water is running and now is everywhere and on the floor, the sink is clogging up with my thick hair, soon enough there's blood mixing in with the water and droplets on the floor from me cutting my ankles and knees (not easy places to shave!). Let’s just say I have a new found respect for women having to shave their legs regularly!

9. What is your favorite way to stay in shape? Can you also tell me about what your regular diet looks like? Do you ever find it impossible to pass up sweets or junk food?

I love going on long runs. My dad and I have been running races together since I was 4 years old so I have always enjoyed going on a run and sweating like a pig. Some staples in my diet are steel cut oats, fruits & vegetables, Greek yogurt, almond milk, protein powders for shakes, eggs, chicken and turkey breasts, canned tuna, and other fish. Oh yes the temptation of sweets and junk food often is greater than my mental ability to resist and so I indulge and usually I regret it either immediately after or the next morning, but in reality it’s good to cheat, we are human after all and we only live once right.

10. Which do you prefer: boxers, briefs, or boxer briefs? Why?

Honestly I tend to not wear underwear at all! But when I do I prefer boxer briefs; however, when I have a casting or a shoot that I know I’m going to be in my underwear I tend to wear briefs, tighty whitie style.

11. Do you favor any underwear brands? If so, which and why?

I like H&M’s boxer briefs, very simple, usually just the solid colors, no visible logo which I like. Even with clothes I’m not a big logo person, I prefer a minimalist look.

12. When you model underwear, do you have a say in which style you will model?

Nope, totally up to either photographer or stylist.

13. What would someone find if they went through your underwear drawer?

Lots of stains and holes, haha no I’m just kidding but mostly boxer briefs, a few sports spandex boxer briefs, and 2 or 3 briefs.

14. Do you have any funny or memorable underwear stories? 

Not really, the only thing I can think of is when I go to castings and I’m wearing my skinny jeans (which I hate wearing underwear with) so I am going “commando style” and the client asks to see me in my underwear, that awkward moment of…uhh I’m not wearing any lol.

15. GQ wrote an article a few months ago stating that “tighty-whities” are stylish now. How do you feel about tighty-whities, & do you agree with GQ?

I do think that tighty whities are the best looking or show off a guys physique the best so I would agree with that aspect, however I do not find them comfortable that’s why I only wear them when looks over seeds comfort.

16. Do you have any strange or unusual talent that no one knows about?

I can juggle haha but I don’t really consider that to be all that special. I can eat a whole tub of peanut butter with a spoon in one sitting! That’s definitely strange but to call it a talent would be a stretch! 







No comments:

Post a Comment