Sunday, August 11, 2013

Kevin Haramis Interview

Photo cred: Hannah Dexter

I'm happy to publish this weeks interview with Kevin Haramis. Mr. Haramis is model/actor, as well as a certified personal trainer. Mr. Haramis also played soccer all 4 years at Hiram College, which is where he graduated with a business degree. As you can tell from the photo above, Mr. Haramis is definitely a talented and handsome model! He kindly provided some more photos of him modeling underwear which can be found at the end of the interview. I highly recommend you keep up with him and all his adventures on his Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram! Go check 'em out folks!


1. Age? 23

2. Where are you from? I am from a small suburb of Akron Ohio called Norton.

3. Who or what inspired you to become a model? 

I actually never thought of it until people asked me if I was a model. A photographer approached me when I was out somewhere and they said they would pay me to take my picture. I did a lot of freelance stuff for a few years and then I landed with my current agency Taxi Mgmt and I couldn’t be happier! 

4. What would you say is the toughest aspect of being a model? 

It is a very competitive field. Everyone is as good or better looking as you, everyone has a 6 or 8 pack and a great smile. So what separates you from the rest of the pack? Another thing that is tough for me is that I am only 5’10” so I am vertically challenged compared to my competition.

5. What’s been the most embarrassing experience you’ve had while modeling?

I did a runway show for charity called Dare2Care. In that show I was wearing some ridiculous outfit by a designer who was on project runway. It was leopard print patterns, short shorts, and jacket and knee high socks. The crowd ate it up though!

6. Can you tell me about your soccer history? How long have you played for? What inspired you to play? What is it about soccer over any other sport that motivates you to play?

 I have been playing soccer all my life, I played in college for Hiram College and it was one of the best experiences of my life. Hiram and soccer were my last choice however. My best sport was baseball, but money issues were going against me and some hard financial times with my dad not knowing what was going to happen with his job, I chose Hiram soccer over a lot of other schools for soccer, basketball, or baseball. 

7. What’s been the most rewarding or memorable experience during your soccer history?

         My greatest memory would be that whole collegiate soccer experience. I would give anything to relive it all with those guys again.

8. Who is your favorite soccer idol, and why?

My favorite player of all time is Zinedine Zidane. In present day soccer though if you aren’t watching Messi and Ronaldo play you are missing out on great soccer.

9. Which do you prefer: boxers, briefs, or boxer briefs? Why?

         I prefer boxer briefs, but they are a different type of boxer brief. All the stores call them trunks. They are more of an athletic fitting boxer brief.

10. Do you favor any underwear brands? If so, which and why?

Calvin Klein is my favorite. I actually have a lot of underwear from Express because they are always having sales and they are super comfortable!

11. What would someone find if they went through your underwear drawer?

They would think to themselves “How much underwear does one guy need?!” I have a lot of underwear! Different colors and patterns. I have one whole drawer dedicated to nothing but underwear. 

12. As a soccer player, would you say that the wrong underwear can affect your performance?

         Absolutely! When playing soccer or working out or just being active the most annoying thing in the world is having your underwear ride up or cause chaffing in a very sensitive area! The right underwear is always a must!

13. Do you have any funny or memorable underwear stories?

         My most memorable underwear moment would be the first time I shot with Hannah Dexter. I had just changed my whole diet for about 2 maybe 3 months and I was seeing major results, and it was the first time I saw myself in pictures of underwear or in general with my shirt off that I thought I looked like a legit model. She did a great job catching my good side.

14. GQ wrote an article a few months ago stating that “tighty-whities” are stylish now. How do you feel about tighty-whities, & do you agree with GQ?

 I read the article and it’s not what it sounds! Briefs are very European and that’s where a lot of fashion trends get started. They are talking about nice briefs not Hanes or Fruit of the Loom that your grandpa wears. Long story short they are definitely stylish and in.

15. Do you have any strange or unusual talent that no one knows about?

        The only strange talent I have, and it isn’t even that strange is that I can do a really good impression of the joker from the Dark Knight. People say how good I can do the mannerisms and his voice freaks them out.


Photo cred: Hannah Dexter
Photo cred: James Douglas

Photo cred: James Douglas

No comments:

Post a Comment