Sunday, August 25, 2013

Kacey Carrig Interview


I'm happy to publish this weeks interview with Kacey Carrig. Mr. Carrig is a professional model that has done work with various fashion brands, including Versace! He's a super nice guy, and also kindly provided some photos of him modeling which can be found at the end of the interview. I encourage you all to keep up with him and his modeling adventures on his Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram! There's even more great pictures there! Go check 'em out!

1. Age: 21

2. Where are you from? Shamong, New Jersey

3. Favorite superhero? Batman because of the Dark Knight Trilogy.

4. Zoolander or Hansel? Haha Hansel because that is my nickname in my fraternity.

5. If you weren’t a model, what other career(s) would you pursue?

A career in business. I am currently getting my degree in business marketing.

6. Have you always been fit?

I have always needed to be fit because of sports. Growing up I was playing sports every single day. Also, I have always felt the need to be in shape/healthy, and I actually really do enjoy going to the gym.

7. Who or what inspired you to become a model?

My mom was the motivator to break into modeling. I used to always think about trying it, but it wasn't until the extra push from my mom to actually pursue it and give it a shot.

8. How did you get involved with Versace?

I went to casting for Barbara Pfister who is the casting director for the Versace shows. I was booked for the Milan FW13 show. Couple months after the show they contacted me to book me for their upcoming campaign. I have been working with them ever since, and they are an amazing brand to work for.

9. What would you say is the toughest aspect of being a model? 

The rejection. You need to be thick skinned to be successful. You have to accept that you're not right every company, and a lot of people will say "no." During fashion weeks you can go on 15 castings in one day and only one will call you back.

10. What’s been the most rewarding experience as a model?

Seeing the end result of a picture. It is such a process until the end result whether it is in a magazine, billboard, or internet, but seeing the picture is the most rewarding.

11. What’s your biggest pet peeve or “no-no” when it comes to men’s fashion?

My biggest pet peeve has to be cargo shorts. There is an age limit to where those should no longer be acceptable ha. Other than that, I am not too huge of a fashion critic. 

12. What is your favorite way to stay in shape? 

For modeling, cardio is huge in order to stay toned. I despise running, I find it way too boring. So any sports such as basketball or tennis is my favorite way.

13. Can you also tell me about what your regular diet looks like? Do you have a guilty pleasure when it comes to sweets or junk food?

I don't have too strict of a diet. I make sure I don't eat too many carbs. I eat a lot of grilled chicken and fish. Everyone has guilty pleasures. I certainly have plenty. On going battle of eating gummy bears and the occasional fast food. You should be able to allow yourself cheat meals though. You'd go insane trying to maintain a diet without some guilty pleasures.

14. Which do you prefer: boxers, briefs, or boxer briefs? Why?

Briefs. Most supportive and comfortable. 

15. Do you favor any underwear brands? If so, which and why?

I must say I love CK underwear. They are so comfortable and my go-to brand. 

16. Do you have a lucky or favorite pair of underwear? If so, what style/color?

Not necessarily a "lucky" pair, but certainly a couple favorite pair in which if I open my underwear drawer, I immediately grab those. Have to be my CK bold micro.

17. What would someone find if they went through your underwear drawer?

A bunch of CK underwear, plenty of pairs of Versace, and compression shorts for working out.

18. You get a natural wedgie in public – how do you handle it?

Haha have to go with the lunge technique with long steps to avoid the straight pick. 

19. Do you have any funny or memorable underwear stories? 

For castings, a lot of the time you have to undress to your underwear. For this particular casting, I was taking my shorts off but they caught on to my underwear when I was pulling them down and I gave the casting director more of a show than he asked for. 

20. GQ wrote an article a few months ago stating that “tighty-whities” are stylish now. How do you feel about tighty-whities, & do you agree with GQ?

I believe they serve their purpose for slim clothes. If GQ is saying they're stylish, usually I have no choice but having to agree. I do wear my Versace "tighty-whities" very often. I believe most guys think they're not masculine and are embarrassed to wear them, but they need to get over that fear.

21. What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?

I think the advice of "If you're doing what you love, you'll never have to work a day in your life."





No comments:

Post a Comment