Sunday, February 9, 2014

Lance Parker Interview


I'm very happy to publish this weeks interview with Lance Parker. Mr. Parker is an incredibly handsome professional (as you can obviously tell by the above picture) model and pro goalie soccer player. On top of that, he's been on the cover of countless magazines. He kindly provided me great pictures of him modeling underwear which can be found at the end of the interview.  I encourage you all to follow him and his modeling adventures on his Facebook and follow him on Twitter and Instagram  -- there's even more pictures of him there! Go check 'em out!

1. Age: 28

2. Where are you from? Oklahoma City, OK

3. Favorite superhero? Superman

4. Who or what inspired your interest in soccer? How old were you  when you realized you could play professionally?

My parents started me in soccer whenever I was four, but it wasn’t until I was 12 years old that I realized that I wanted to be a professional soccer player when I grew up. I had the opportunity to travel over to England with a youth team when I was 12 and play in a tournament there. Seeing the culture and everything  that went along with being a pro player in England sparked my desire to want it for myself. From that point on, I quit all the other sports I was playing and focused on soccer.

5. Who is your favorite soccer idol and why?

 I have always been a  huge fan of Peter Schmeichel. He was an amazing goal keeper and had an incredible presence in goal. 

6. What’s been the most rewarding or memorable experience during your soccer career?

Starting my first professional game. It was so surreal to finally be doing what I had trained and worked so hard for for so many years.

7. What’s been the worst injury you’ve sustained during your career?

Two years ago I broke my arm in a game. My humorous snapped completely in half and the bone came out the back of  my arm. I had to have two metal plates and 15 screws put in to piece everything back together. The surgeon said that I would  never be able to play soccer again. After 8 months of strenuous  rehab everyday, I was able to play the last half of the following season. Then I went under the knife again to have all the metal removed and did another season of rehab. While my arm will  never be the same, it does not effect my play.

8. How do you stay in shape and conditioned? That is, what does your typical weekly workout schedule look like? Can you also describe your typical diet? 

Tuesday is the beginning of my week and I have two practices that day. Wednesday I wake up early to go workout at the gym, then do yoga with the team after. Thursday and Friday I have practice in the morning and workout in the gym afterwards. Saturday is just a single practice in the  morning, and then Sunday is game day. Monday is my one day of a week where I get to relax.

My diet consists of juicing vegetable and fruits every single morning after waking up. I have recently been eating as a vegan/vegetarian for the past two months, but I think I will soon bring chicken back into my diet. I stay away from red meat and eat as much organically as I can. I have noticed that since  eating all organic, I don’t have to eat as much. I credit this to the fact that organic, unprocessed foods are so much more nutrient
dense. This way I don’t have to consume as many calories and get all the nutrients that my body needs. 

9. Some athletes have superstitions about winning or losing, such as wearing the same socks for every game. Do you believe in  superstitions/good luck charms, and do you have any?

I do not  believe in superstitions/good luck charms, but I do strongly  believe in having a good routine in the days leading up to a game, and especially on game day. This consists of everything from what I put in my body to what I workout on which day at the gym to how much sleep I get, and everything else in between.

10. Who or what inspired your model interest?

It was definitely the money. I was already playing professional soccer when I was  approached to model. I looked at it solely as a way to supplement my income. While I have grown to love modeling, soccer will always be my number one passion.

11. What would you say is the toughest aspect of being a model?  

For me, it is keeping my body in pristine shape. I am a  perfectionist, so it can be hard sometimes. It is also difficult being judged and having to judge yourself every single day. 

12. Which do you prefer: boxers, briefs, or boxer briefs? Why?

I prefer boxer briefs. I am a very active person, so I enjoy the breathability of them while they are tight enough to keep everything in place.

13. Do you favor any underwear brands? If so, which and why?

I prefer Calvin Klein and for the past few years it is all I have ever worn. I love the cut, style, and fabrics of their boxer briefs.

14. What would someone find if they went through your underwear drawer?

 Various pairs of my socks and underwear. I keep all the good stuff in a different drawer. ;)

15. Do you have a favorite or lucky pair of underwear? If so, what style and color?

My favorite pair is the black Calvin Klein pro stretch reflex boxer brief

16. GQ wrote an article a few months ago stating that “tighty-whities” are stylish now. How do you feel about tighty-whities, & do you agree with GQ?

I have nothing against tighty-whities, but I usually only wear them when I have to for a photo shoot. For both guys and girls, I would recommend not buying a certain kind of underwear, or any type of clothing for that matter, just because it’s “in style right now” or “fashionable.” Everybody's body is different, and some cuts, patterns, colors, etc. look good on some people, and bad on others. Figure out your body type, complexion, etc. and build a style that fits you. Remember, fashions fade - style is eternal.

17. What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?

When I was very young, my father taught me that you have to work hard for what you want and that life isn’t always fair. I feel that a huge problem with so many people today is that they have a sense of entitlement. We have been rewarding mediocrity for so long now that a lot of people feel like they deserve something without doing anything to earn it, and if they don’t get it, they become upset. You are responsible for your own life, and nobody owes you anything.






1 comment:

  1. Man like to roll in the hay with you and check out those teats and

    ReplyDelete