I'm thrilled to publish this weeks interview with the very handsome model Dario Beck. Mr. Beck also does acting, and he kindly provided me numerous awesome pictures of him modeling underwear which can be found at the end of the interview. I encourage you all to follow him and his modeling adventures on his Twitter -- there's even more pictures of him there! Go check 'em out!
1. Age: 28
2. Where are you from?
I was born in Spain, but I'm half Italian and was raised in both Germany and Spain.
3. Favorite superhero? Spiderman
4. Have you always been fit?
I have always been lean and kinda muscle defined. Even before I started working out at the gym people would think I already did. I have never changed much, just got a bit bigger, but I don't want to get massive. My ideal body type is a swimmer body figure.
5. Who or what inspired you to become a model?
Classic male Hollywood stars like Marlon Brando or James Dean. I always looked up to them, and would still consider them true icons of masculinity.
6. What would you say is the toughest aspect of being a model?
Feeling like an object sometimes. I like to be treated as a normal guy, I don't like it when people look at you as if you come from another planet just because you are a model. Its just a job.
7. What’s been the most rewarding experience as a model?
Getting to know really nice and interesting people, and traveling to exciting places. I am having a great time and making very good friends.
8. What’s your biggest pet peeve or “no-no” when it comes to men’s fashion?
Wearing socks with sandals, and g-strings.
9. What is your favorite way to stay in shape?
The Kamasutra. It keeps you in pretty good shape... :-D
10. Can you also tell me about what your regular diet looks like? Do you have a guilty pleasure when it comes to sweets or junk food?
Breakfast (before the work out): Double espresso, lots of cereals and eggs or crepes (my own pancakes recipe, sugar and lactose free, with lots of eggwhites).
Lunch (after work out): Pasta or pizza, and some meat (beef, chicken, turkey) seafood or tofu.
Snack: Espresso, crepes, cereals, piece of cake, piece of fruit.
Dinner: Salad or vegetables with some fish, meat, seafood or tofu.
Snack: Crepes, Yogurt or kefir.
My guilty pleasures: Cheeseburgers, chocolate and coffee.
11. Which do you prefer: boxers, briefs, or boxer briefs? Why?
Briefs.They look better and feel better, in my opinion. I don't want my "best friend" slapping against my legs whenever I move a bit faster.
12. Do you favor any underwear brands? If so, which and why?
I really like the Calvin Klein hip briefs, they are probably the most comfortable underwear I have ever tried on. And they fit nicely. Very important for me is that it's 100% cotton, so you don't sweat too much. Living in Barcelona, where most of the year it's hot and humid, the last thing you need is a spandex boxer-brief that feels like a plastic bag. Other favourite brands of mine are Ermenegildo Zegna and Zimmerli. They have an underwear line made of lisle cotton. It's so light you can see through it. It''s amazing.
13. What would someone find if they went through your underwear drawer?
My 44 magnum :-D Just kidding! Actually nothing but tons of white underwear, and socks. And a lot of white plain lisle cotton t-shirts. I use them a lot, specially in the summer.
14. You get a natural wedgie in public – how do you handle it?
Id make sure not to point at anyone. No, actually, the best is to sit down and lean forward, and never look down or try hiding it with your hands. That would make everything more obvious.
15. GQ wrote an article a few months ago stating that “tighty-whities” are stylish now. How do you feel about tighty-whities, & do you agree with GQ?
Yeah, I totally agree with GQ! Tighty-whities are cool, and go with everything. Its a classic. The only thing I don't like is when they are so tight that they smash your junk against you. The newer styles have more fabric where you need it, and also fit better.
16. What's the best advice you've ever received?
Never make eye contact while eating a banana :-)