1. Age: 24
2. Current occupation: Self-Employed Exercise Instructor and Fitness Presenter, Personal Trainer, Fitness/Underwear Model, Football Coach, Semi-Professional Footballer
3. Where are you from? Stoke-on-Trent, England
4.Favorite superhero? Superman
5. Who or what inspired your fitness and model interest? Have you always been fit?
My fitness has always been inspired since dreaming of becoming a Professional Footballer from a young age, and being in the best physical condition possible to teach Exercise Classes and conduct Personal Training sessions. The modeling interest came from being recommended in to doing it from a few friends of mine, and the love of it has carried on ever since.
6. What would you say is the toughest aspect of being a fitness model?
Making sure that you are always in great shape for shoots, as they can occur at any time during the year. And to be able to constantly come up with new ideas and poses.
7. What’s been the most rewarding experience as a fitness model?
The publicity in magazines, calendars and social media sites, the followers and support that you get from people due to the pictures. Also, making new friends and contacts, and climbing up the ladder to further success.
8. What have you learned about yourself from being a model?
That confidence in front of the camera is key, and to never be afraid of taking risks and trying things out.
9. How do you stay in shape? That is, what does your typical weekly gym schedule look like? How do you keep yourself motivated to stick to your schedule?
I teach a number of exercise classes throughout the week, including Spin, Pump, Aerobics, HIIT, Abs and Core, and Aqua, so I will go full out for each of those. I also do four weights sessions a week, and play Football whenever I can.
10. Can you tell me about what your regular diet looks like? Do you have a guilty pleasure when it comes to sweets or junk food?
Due to the high intensity and volume of exercise that I do, I need to make sure that I am consuming enough food to keep me going throughout the day. There isn’t really a set daily diet, but typically I will have Whey Protein and Oats as soon as I wake up, scrambled eggs for breakfast an hour or so later, Whey Protein and simple carbs immediately after each workout to fully utilize the recovery process, and some Casein and ZMA at night before I go to bed to promote good sleep and maintain fuel throughout the night.
In between those, I will eat plenty of oats (such as oatcakes or porridge), other foods containing proteins, good fats and carbohydrates, and meals containing meats and plenty of vegetables or salads to keep me going, eating every couple of hours ideally.
11. As a personal trainer, have you ever encountered anyone that has tried to freeload your training from a distance? [I’m thinking of the scene from Bridesmaids where they work out with the class for free from a distance]
Yeah, I’ve had that a few times, bless them.
12. What is your biggest pet peeve at the gym?
When people are on their mobile phones or reading a magazine whilst they are training, or people who train in big groups, and end up doing very little because of it.
13. Which do you prefer: boxers, briefs, or boxer briefs? Why?
For general everyday wear, I prefer boxers, as they feel more comfortable. I like to train and teach exercise classes in sports boxers/pants for the same reasons. For modeling purposes, I prefer working in briefs, as they help to show more definition of the body, and look more impressive in general.
14. Has your current preference always been your underwear preference? If not, what’d you switch from, and what made you change?
I never usually used to wear briefs until I started doing underwear modelling, now when I see I look good in the pictures due to wearing them, I make sure that I wear them for the shoots in order to get the best pictures possible.
15. Do you favor any underwear brands? If so, which and why?
My favourites are Calvin Klein and Emporio Armani, as they feel really comfy to wear, and they look really good on the pictures
16. You’re in a public place and you get a natural wedgie -- how do you handle it?
Discretion is the key to this one.
17. What would someone find if they went through your underwear drawer?
A massive variety of underwear, from the modeling ones to the sports ones to the boxers with a tiger on the crotch (seriously).
18. Do you have a lucky or favorite pair of underwear? If so, what style/color?
The boxers with a tiger on the crotch are particular favourites of mine (like the pants Robbie Williams wears in ‘Rock DJ’)
19. GQ wrote an article stating that “tighty-whities” are stylish now. How do you feel about tighty-whities, & do you agree with GQ?
Yeah, I totally agree with that, and I like to wear them for my modeling work; it helps to show the shape and definition of the body and they are quite stylish.
20. What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
You have one chance in this life, try to achieve as many things as you can, give everything your best shot, always take responsibility for your actions, and have no regrets.