Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Derek F. Interview


1. Age: 26

2. Where are you from? Now living in NYC, the biiiig apple!

3. Current occupation? 

I'm the CEO and founder of Greatist, the best darnedest health and wellness media startup.

4. Favorite current pop song?

Still can't stop listening to Get Lucky by Daft Punk on repeat

5. Which do you prefer: boxers, briefs, or boxer briefs? Why?

Boxer briefs big time. Having enough support without feeling constricted down there is the secret to strength.

6. Has your current preference always been your underwear preference? If not, what’d you switch from, and what made you change?

I dabbled in straight-up boxers a bit when I was younger, but it was short-lived. Remember it being really tough to commit to just one superhero or whatever design theme  because of how many options there are. Guess these are #boxerproblems?

7. Do you favor any underwear brands? If so, which and why?

I'm pretty into Under Armour's Boxerjock Boxer Briefs. Like the typical guy, I've found a brand that works and definitely stick to it.

8. What would someone find if they went through your underwear drawer?

A lot of those boxer briefs. Also I have a pair of crazy silky boxers that I'm pretty sure were given to me as a joke gift, but now act as the perfect thing to lounge around in on a lazy Sunday. Just saying.

9. You get a natural wedgie in public – how do you handle it? Dive in.

10. Do you have a lucky or favorite pair of underwear? If so, what color/style?

I totally wish I did, but unfortunately I'm more of an underwear traditionalist.

11. Do you have any funny or memorable underwear stories?

My classic silky Sundays aside, unfortunately this question is a sad reminder that I haven't been focused enough on making memorable underwear stories.

12. GQ wrote an article a few months ago stating that “tighty-whities” are stylish now. How do you feel about tighty-whities, & do you agree with GQ?

As someone whose personal fashion is meaningfully impacted by every new edition of GQ (joking), I guess I'm honestly open to being convinced tighty-whities are the way to go. 

13. Words to live by?

If at first you don't succeed, zip your zipper up again

No comments:

Post a Comment